More information about our Filtered/Protected IP Addon
This is some important information regarding our current protection tunnel's implementation.
Please contact us through our live chat or the billing system ticket system if you have any other questions about this.
- Please make sure you reconfigure networking if you have a KVM VPS as that is required to refresh the server's internal network files and to start utilizing the IP.
- If you purchase the protected IP addon then that means you have at least one unprotected IP. Please ensure to not use that for public-facing services on your VM.
- You must wait for the protected IP to be provisioned, it is not done immediately and can take up to 48 hours. Although they are generally assigned within 12-24 hours.
- If your service is not in LA and you'd like to buy the purchased addon and be migrated, it is free. Please purchase the service through the Addons button on your service page and then use the migrate button that is sent you in the email.
- On KVM VPSes running CentOS 7 - there may be some issues with the IP not working. We recommend reinstalling with a different operating system at this time although we're investigating a solution.
Was this answer helpful?
If you're a customer or a would-be customer and you're wondering whether you need this add-on or...
Your VPS comes with access to the SolusVM panel.Please follow the directions below to change or...
Below are links to the Looking Glass of each of our available locations. You can test your ping...