Some quick tips:
- If you use RSBot, it will launch with Java 8 but properly work with RS3
- If you use TRiBot, you may have to scroll down and pick the correct Java file directory, not the .jinfo
- If you're using OSBot, it looks like it only works with Java 7 now
- If your bot is outdated, just download it like you would regularly on your computer. Your VPS has a browser.
How to install Java 7:
- Go to your Desktop, and open the program called xterm
- Type sudo apt-get install oracle-java7-installer
- Finish the install, then type update-alternatives --config java and pick the number for Java 7
To launch any .jar file with your "default" Java, open terminal. Navigate to the Bots directory where you should have your .jar file.
You can do this by typing cd /root/Desktop/Bots
Then type java -jar jarname.jar
In the above example, jarname would be the jar file's name. Hope this helps until we update the OS!