"Computer did not allow the name to be claimed" - Solution
If you're noticing that your server is rebooting every day or every few hours then you need to check your Event Viewer and look for a "Critical Error" that is similar to this:
The name "WIN-82VNUNPK9RO:0" could not be registered on the interface with IP address xx.xx.xx.xx. The computer with the IP address xx.xx.xx.xx did not allow the name to be claimed by this computer.You can follow the below steps to correct this:
1) Visit the Control Panel (on the VPS)
2) Hit System/Security then click "System"
3) On the left side will be an "Advanced System Settings" button, click that.
4) It will open up a "System Properties" box, change the tab to "Computer Name"
5) Once on this page, hit "Change", which will open a new box.
6) On the new box, change the text in the "Computer Name" field, hit ok.
7) Reboot the VPS.
Was this answer helpful?
To properly diagnose a connection issue, we need to see where the connection is dropping or...
If you purchased a proxy from us, make sure you use root as the username and 1080 as the port....
If you cannot connect to your server with Remote Desktop, chances are, it's not fully set up yet....
You may not change your location or IP yourself. To change your IP or location, a support agent...
Just go to the "View Details" section of your Service, and then scroll down, you will see that...